Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Guzzy-bear

Walking along the lane yesterday, on our way to buy eggs, Ella says to me "Gill, I like the way you walk. As though someone was forcing you. Saying, 'come gill, come.'" Then she imitated me, swinging her arms.. and other parts. I think I was grumpy. I couldn't tell if she was mocking me or otherwise but I knew I didn't like it. I wanted to yell - 'well, if you didn't walk so damn slow!'

But I didn't, seeing as we aren't supposed to do what we want to do most of the time. I think i laughed, because it might have been funny. But really I was mad/irritated/all the rest, why does everyone walk so slowly? I can't help but waggle my body side to side, seeing as it can't go forward very quickly it needs somewhere else to go.

Birthday french toast this morning. Presided over by 3 or 4 extra curly heads peering into the pan. Syrup of our own concocting with honey, limes, cinnimon and sugar. I kept repeating that this was not a real thing that we ate at home - just an attempt to make something like syrup. Everyone was quite interested in the details none-the-less. It was lovely, the french toast I mean. The syrup, a little strange, but full of home.

We are leaving soon, a week and a half and I will miss this family very much. In light of the leaving I find myself quite sentimental, though I wish I could be sentimental enough to keep from getting irritable. It is so nasty to be irritable... That would be something to pray for if you are so inclined. Irritable Gillian. I want very much to have enough spirit inside me to carry me well through this last bit with these people I appreciate so much.

Seeing as I gorged last time I shall leave this for now. We are well-loved here and well cared for. Garlic is given to us at slightest sign of sickness, water encouraged.

Love to you all. I think about home a little too much but I am always glad when I do.

Gillian

8 comments:

Candice said...

Happy Birthday Gillian!

Anonymous said...

hello beautiful one. happy birthday and i wish i could bake you some rhubarb cake. by the way, i think you are the orange one. i don't know why but it seems to fit. maybe your irritation will dissipate today and i hope your last times there will be meaningfull. -bethany.

Jacob said...

Happy Birthday Gill. And thanks, all, for sharing your adventures. It warms my heart to hear from you.

Anonymous said...

Gillian - completely by ignorance, I have left a meesage for you on Krista posting - want to check it out!!??

Triple Layer Birthday greeting to you!!

Sandy

Anonymous said...

Hello Gillian,

So nice another year has passed for you and brought the vigil of the Purification of the Virgin Mary. I'm confident that it's been a wonderful day and that the irritation is more a product of stress and circumstances and tiredness than of a fundamental deficiency or failing - although of course you probably do have some short-comings, but only minor.

It's nice to think of you,

Love

Anonymous said...

Hello Special Guzzy Wuzzy, I think you needy a huggy. I am so glad that you used my terminology in your blog. So pleased to have passed it along to you vocabulary. hehe. Just another happy birthday wish to you from afar. I will remember to pray for you irritability. Though a guzzy Gil is oh so cute and lovable. Enjoy your last weeks there. This opportunity is one in a million. All my love, Janess.

Anonymous said...

Leah, Jamie, Karin, and Kajsa miss Gil and Krista!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gillian, I love you oh so very much, I am sad that I missed your birthday I wish that I were better at using computers sometimes...as in reading things regularily and checking in.

I am so desperatly looking forward to curling up with a tasty beverage and discussing life with you! There have been so many times where I have reached for the phone to call you, and then I realize that you are in Africa!

I am praying for you and thinking about you lots! You are a dear one!

I have a wedding invitation here for you :-)

Love always
Sherri Lynn Provost