Friday, January 18, 2008

it's raining

Hello Everyone, Peter here. I arrived in Lusaka Zambia on the 15th, and I've been staying in the CMML Flight Guest House for the last few days waiting to go up to the missions hospital in Chitikoloki. They drove down instead of flying because of the rain, so now i'm waiting until they drive back up. Sounds like I will be leaving tomorrow morning at 6:15am with Gordon Hanna. I've learned that I'm helping them to build some staff accomodations, as they seem to have many people willing to go help, but only at certain times of the year, and they are short on places to have them stay. there's a brick-layer from england there now, so I will help him, and hopefully learn some of the finer points of constructing with concrete/cement. If anyone can fly out a couple lifts of ant-resistant lumber for me it would be much appreciated! ;)
As for my time here so far it's been very relaxing. I've helped with a few errands, and my main task has been to try to figure out how to get a missionary nurse's I-POD to work. It's very nice and sunny and beautiful about half of the time, and the other half it is pouring rain. Things are very civilized in the capital here - I went shopping for some last minute supplies at the mall yesterday - but soon we will be hundreds of miles from anything. thank-you for your prayers, they are much appreciated. Pray that God will use me in my time here.
-Peter

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Peter: So happy to hear you arrived safe and sound! Enjoy your next few weeks of settling in. We'll be prayin' and thinkin' of ya...good luck!
Jackie and Randy

L'Afrique Bonanza said...

What is your name?